Sunday, March 21, 2010

Days in the Sunlight....


























Hello and greetings from the Keys! We will be participating in our annual "Sloth, Indulgence, and Debauchery Tour" until the end of the month. Rock stars we are, legends in our own minds! Looking forward to reading, fresh fish, cocktails and lotsa local color. Will keep you posted on all the festivities!

Meanwhile it's been a great last week before vacation. The Detroit weather was unseasonably gorgeous and my gladiolas are peeking up! I saw a dude (I think) shopping at Marshall's that was totally James Browned out! I kid you not. He had on a lime green silk suit with a fresh press and curl. Beautiful rings adorned fingers as he chose an array of spring silk flowers. I watched a little, hoping he would drop into a half split or something, but no such luck. I also saw a Ford Flex all tricked out with a 'in tha D' licence plate and a ' Fordzilla' sign where it usually says Flex. I am thankful to be amused at every little turn. Makes my life more interesting--don'tcha think?

My friend Rose and I attended the Bon Jovi concert at the Palace. Two old broads were brought to tears as the show started. Can I just say that those boys can still put it out there? The Johnny and the Richie are as hot as ever and blew us back for 2 and a half hours. They played the perfect mix of new and old music. Kid Rock joined them on the encore for "Dead or Alive" and the crowd welcomed our hometown boy. John asked innocently if the Kid wasn't the governor of Detroit--or something?! Why the hell not, with the shape Detroit City Council is in, it couldn't hurt! What a great night, heh RoRo?

So.oooo.ooo, I'd love to stay and chat but I think I hear the blender cranking up with a frothy delight for me. Gotta go, I got a whole lotta nuthin' to do. Have a great week and chill--you know I will be! xoxo

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great time in the Keys! We rocked to all the songs at the concert! Totally awesome! I think they called Kid the MAYOR of Detroit! He so is, that was the best! Get some sun for me, I am looking out the window at ick and rain!

Heff said...

Sloth. I REALLY dig sloth.

the walking man said...

Bathe nude in the warm ocean.

rosegarden said...

Walking man she may take you up on that!!! The concert was great. Our boys really rocked it out. Thanks for a wonderful time!!! Our favorite treats tasted so good. Have a wonderful tme in the Keys. A little glutteny could be ok. Keep the blender runnning!!!

Mona said...

what weird tours they come up with in this world!

( don't mind me, this is what is called culture shock :)

jodi said...

BluePan-All's well here! John called Kid "the governor or something"! Heff- Me too! Mark-due to the recent Florida cold snap, the ocean is only 70 degrees. No need to freeze my cookies off. Does sunbathing count? Roro-a good time was had by one and all. John and Richie WANT us! C U soon! Mona- the world gets no credit for that tour name! It's a jspot original made up to describe our annual March Keys vacation! xo to all y'all!

Erik Donald France said...

There are great shots -- you look like a real badass in that second one . . .