Sunday, January 23, 2011

Miami.....

Hello Dears. Witness here myself and Mark (The Walking Man) as I cajole him into a hug and a photo last week when we met for coffee. The frosty January day was made brighter as we shared joe and caught up on each others lives.

Mark has always got more writing going on than I do, and when I commented on a recent poem of his, he pulled it up and patiently went over it with me. His spoken word with it's purposeful inflection help me to understand it better. We also talked of his work with the children of Detroit, (don't remember what school) and his efforts to help them with their numbers and letters as they peck away on his laptop. I shared with him that I recently signed up for Big Brothers/Big Sisters in Detroit. After what proves to be a long, reference and background check, I hope to be placed with a child. I will keep y'all posted on that venture that will surely be as much for me as it is for the child..


Jetting off for a quick overnight trip to Miami on Monday. It's not as glam as it sounds, tho. Waking up at 5:00 with a quick coffee, skipping my workout and hauling it down to Detroit Airport in the early morning frost is just the start. The parking, shuttle and feel up by the TSA comes next. I abhor walking barefoot thru the check while getting scanned and patted down while possibly contracting a nasty fungus or something similar!! And the lines to get coffee will be crazy long. GRrrrrrr, it makes me CRABBY!


Remember when flying used to be glamorous? We would get kinda snazzed up and enjoy complimentary food AND cocktails. At DTW at 6:00 ayem it's more like 'Night of the Living Dead' with people--not just kids-schlubbing around in their pajamas as if the the early hour somehow deems this appropriate. GROSS. Now after being treated like common criminals, MAYBE we will get peanuts (just what I need to add to the inevitable bloat!) and a $10.00 cocktail made weak with cheap vodka. All paid on a credit card because they do not accept cash! WTF?..Anyways the trip is just overnight for business. The business of SHOPPING!!! We are embarking on a remodel project at the condo and if you ever have visited the Keys, you already know that it's a great place to buy t-shirts, fishing equipment, and hand blown pipes. So, Miami is where we will ferret out the deals we need to get the project movin'. Be back late Tuesday night where I hear a slight warm up is due. After 2 days of 78 degree weather, I sure hope so.

Still have one eye on the last football game that will determine who will join the Green Bay Packers at Superbowl. Took a long nap during the previous game because the sound of 'crowd noise' and only a passing interest tend to clunk me out. So, who's your pick and do you even give a fat fig? We have already been invited to 2 parties--and that's really my interest. Just need to know what team jersey I'll be sportin'.

That's all I have in the name of riveting triviality for y'all today. Have a great week and keep warm! xoxo

8 comments:

the walking man said...

I don't know who that gorilla is but that must be Fay Wray in the Kong's grip.

Fly well morning grump. hahahahaha never fly when you can drive.

Charles Gramlich said...

Doesn't look like Mark had to have his arm twisted! Enjoy Miami.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Why is it that every time I check in here I start thinking about a much needed vacation? I hope the shopping went well. Nice pic.

Erik Donald France said...

That is a really great picture!

Super Bowl -- one I can go for both teams. A rare event . . .

Man, whatever happened with Coffee Tea or Me with air travel? ;->

rosegarden said...

Hope your little warm spell was enjoyable. Hope you found some beautiful tile and granite!! have a great week.

Heff said...

GODDAMNIT, that Walking Man gets around !

Mona said...

Reading with WM would be fun! :)

Hope you have a good time & sea food at Miami!

jodi said...

Mark, You kill me! I wish I could have drove, but flyin' was more prudent on that pinched time frame. Charles-We have such a good time! Miami rocks! JR-YOU need a vaycay! Take your Doll and get the hell outta here for even a weekend! Erik-OMG. That book was a scandal when I snuck and read it as a young teen! We did have male attendants on the return flight and they were adorable! BUT, it's nowhere like it used to be-that's for sure. Rose-the warm up was nice. Got the hook up! Heff-We BOTH do! Mona-It IS fun. I really have made a friend in Mark-thanks to the blog world and our mutual friend, Michelle. Fresh grouper is one of my favorite things! Miami is gorgeous! Have a great week, friends and I'll be back atcha for the Superbowl where I will be squeezing in two parties! Whoo Hooo! xoxo