Monday, November 25, 2013

I Feel Lucky...

Happy Birthday (yesterday) to my lovely Mom.  At 75 years young, she can still kick ass and take names.  Mom has more energy and gets done more with her day by 9:00 a.m. than I can manage all day.  She works out and walks regularly keeping herself is great shape.  I loved it when I lived two doors away and could drop by anytime for her wonderful cookies and homemade bread.  We can count on her for anything and I can only aspire to be more like her.  See you on Wednesday night, when we can celebrate your birthday and Thanksgiving as well.  xo

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  It is my favorite holiday, only second to July 04.  We will all be together at my sister and brother-in-law's for a day of feasting and football.  They are fabulous cooks and I don't mind being kicked out of the kitchen.   I'm sure some of our thoughts will be of my Dad, as we celebrate the holiday without him.  Nobody loved to eat more than him and he was a pro at the turkey carving.  And he always left room for pie.

I have plenty to be thankful for, on Thursday and on everyday.  I have been blessed with all the best things life can give.  Love, family, friends, contentment and security are things that I will try to never take for granted.  These things, plus turkey dinner and a glass or two of vino will surely keep me sated for another year.

Enjoy the holiday.  I'm thankful for you all. xo

5 comments:

the walking man said...

Yeah I don't think I would want to do the 100 against your mom. She looks mighty swift.

Eat drink and be merry Jodi!

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats to your mom on keeping it all together.

Erik Donald France said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom, Jodi ~ and Happy Thanksgiving cheers to you all ! Huzzah ~ 23 skiddoo ~!

Cheryl said...

Please tell your Mom that I said Happy Birthday! Thanksgiving this year will be different for you without your Dad... know that all too well but take the tim to remember the good times with him and know that your memories will never fade. I'll be thinking of you. Love you lots sissy! xoxoxo

jodi said...

Mark-She is an ass kicker! Your wish is my command, teehee! Charles-She is a wonder to me. I can only wish for her health and vitality. Erik-Twas fun celebrating with her. She's the best! Cheryl-Sissy, you always say the perfect thing. Dad was missed, but we smile as we remember him with a heaping plate. Luv u. And to all of you, I am so thankful to have you in my life. xoxo