Monday, March 24, 2014

Home Sweet Home...

 Three weeks into this vay cay, I must say that things are going great.  My sister, brother and two favorite cousins have joined us for the non stop festivities.  Four other friends came by for cocktails and dinner out al fresco.  And now we are entertaining two couples, friends from North Carolina.  Whew!  It's been a blast. 

On Friday, our friends leave and we will have one last week to unwind and button things up in preparation for the trip back to Michigan.  As much as I love the Keys, as always, I am slightly homesick for Dane and Mickey and the normal routines that 'home' brings.  I miss our friends and their kids.  I am over fed and under exercised and just generally indulged.  Our guests have been loose and understand if I sometimes need to sneak off for a little nap, cuz damn, this is all crazy exhausting!   Lola is as lazy as a cut dog, spending her afternoons lolling about in the sun-much the same way as she does at home.  But somehow, she seems a little restless.

I can only hope that Michigan will greet me with the snow being melted and my tulips sprouting up.  My morning paper will be in the box and I will make my 9:00 ayem gym class.  I will cook something.  I will limit my cocktail hour to weekends and dessert will not be an everyday thing.  I will focus more on writing.  I love routines, but can never seem to find that groove here.

Vacations are fabulous, but be it ever so humble-there's no place like home.  xoxo




 

4 comments:

the walking man said...

Sorry kiddo. there's still some snow on the ground, with a few more flakes coming this way and by next week we may consistently be in the 30 degree range.

Charles Gramlich said...

I had a week off a couple weeks back but all the rest from that is used up now.

Erik Donald France said...

Home sweet home, indeed.

Getaways are great, as are returns to structured framing. Gotta have a little of both (or some good alternating back and forth) to stay balanced and optimally sane, it seems.

jodi said...

Mark-I heard it was 50 today at home! With the sunshine I plan to bring, it will be perfect by next week. x Charles-Teachers are awesome and I could never do what you do! Erik-That's exactly IT! It's all about balance. I start off good, and then get thrown off with guests and craziness! The routine I like the best is hearing from you three. Y'all are the BEST!! xo