Monday, April 11, 2016

Light it up...

It was supposed to take 3 weeks.  There would be no mess.  I wouldn't be called on to do anything.

Lies.  All lies.  Or miscalculations at least.

We broke ground on our two bathrooms on March 03 and hope to be finished by the end of this week.

We have been living in a unholy mess.  Dust, paint cans, ladders, shop vacs, supplies, boxes of tile and various other hubris lying about has had me stubbing my toes and frustrated with the disarray.  Wonder if they make steel toes flip flops cuz my pedicure is trashed.

I was given the standard contractor joke that if I were to 'help' on the job, it would cost us an additional $1000.00.  Shortly into the job I told Randy to pay up and let me at it!  I have sanded drywall, painted, cleaned, made sandwiches and hot dogs.  As shown, I have wowed them all with my incredible beauty.  Riiiiight, I have looked as rough as I sometimes felt.  Thank God, I had 'The Foreman-Mickey to help oversee things.

But it's not all my contractors fault.  Countertops came in late, a flu bug temporarily took out two of the guys, electrical issues and such slowed things down even further.  Frustrating, but as a part of the crew, I learned that these unforeseen problems are more the norm than not.

Now for the good news.  My bathrooms look amazing.  The planning we did from 5 states away was remarkably right on.  I love the clean new look and feel of everything.  Do I want to do another construction job anytime soon?  Not a chance in hell.

For now, I am hanging up my overalls and looking forward to heading home. As usual I will be happy to get there and get into some semblance of a routine that includes gym time as well as opening the beachhouse and maybe getting into a project up there.

KIDDING!!!!  

Blowing a kiss to my brother Steve, and sister Lisa-the best siblings in the world.  I love you both.
Also, a shout out to my cousin, Ashley who completed and took second in her first ever bikini contest. She worked hard and looked amazing!  xoxo







4 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Hey Jodi, the best thing about these projects is, no question, when they are done. But they are worth doing! Sounds like some nifty-fifty work ~ all right!

the walking man said...

I feel your pain--well not really but then you haven't felt my freezing ass weather either.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sure doesn't make me want to have any work done on my house

jodi said...

Erik-shouldn't complain. My bathrooms are pristine and the view was wonderful! Rewarded myself aplenty! Mark-I heard the weather is finally gorgeous. Hope this gives your back some relief. xo Charles-It's a drag for sure. The results were worth it, though. Hugs to you all. xoxo