Monday, April 23, 2018

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish...(yes, that's a song!)

Hello Dolls!  A very tired Jspot comin' at you tonight.  We are packin' up and getting ready to hit the road.  There's so much to get handled before we pull out.  The usual packing (2 months worth!) plus taking care of things that we have procrastinated for 8 weeks.  Tomorrow will find us at Home Depot buying light bulbs, cleaning supplies, and other miscellaneous items.  Randy spent the day washing the boat as well as scuba, snorkeling and fishing gear.  We have purged and reorganized the store room and our closets.   Most of the refridge food is eaten up and the rest will be tossed.  After 20 trips to the truck, we will be ready to load her up, toss in Hazel kitty and bust our move north-via North Carolina.  

It's been a blast.  We have had roughly 2 weeks total where we didn't have guests and now it seems too quiet around here.  I don't think we missed a trick including the Marathon Seafood Festival, Tastefest and Art Fair, Micheal Trixx Magic, and even a flight to Key West for St. Paddy's day.  We have hit Sand Bar Sunday a number of times as well as many 'sunset celebrations.'  I have read at least 10 books enjoying the new furniture out on our lower deck.  I have ate more lobster reubens than I will admit too and almost as much key lime pie.  (I actually prefer Key Lime Cheesecake!)  We have enjoyed many live bands and solo artists beachside.  We bar hopped by boat-more than a few times!  I have taken to sleeping in-something I rarely do at home.  But all good things must come to an end-just when I was (finally!) getting used to the putzy pace of things.  

The beauty of it is this-I'm happy to get here and equally as happy to get back home.  You know me-I'm a 'home slice.'  Make that a Key Lime Cheesecake-a big slice!

Have a lovely week my Darlin's!  xo

3 comments:

the walking man said...

Perhaps you should spend some time in a walk-in freezer to acclimate yourselves to what you're returning to. Mien Gott it is still cold here and my blood has not been thinned out by the balmy Key breezes.

Erik Donald France said...

Lobster reuben & Key Lime cheesecake -- mmmmmmmmmmm! Sounds really good any way you cut it.

I saw another one that sounds worth trying -- spaghetti pizza.

Happy trails, Jodi ~ !

jodi said...

Mark-Hi you big hairy Dude! My blood IS as thin as water but I hear it's warming up. Miss your face! xo

Erik-it's all so good! Carb on carb? Gotta try that one. Cheers, my friend. xo