Monday, January 28, 2019

May it be...

What else is there to talk about but the weather?  It's officially the polar vortex situation we've been expecting.  Today.  By the weekend it'll be warm and rainy and the white stuff will be gone.  Temps are varying from and unbelievable below zero to a balmy 35-all within a few days.   Kids up north are one day away from their annual 'snow day' allowance and it's only January!  It's all fun and games now but it'll be miserable in June when they are stuck in a hot class room.

And what am I up to?  Well, mostly being grateful that my house is warm and I have food in the fridge.  Treating the storm as a mini vacation is my way of enjoying the exile from regular activity. Staying in and cooking comfort food and practicing some serious hygge.  I snuggled with Hazel and watched an afternoon movie and then read for an hour.  It works for me to treat myself and make the best of the shut in time.  I'm considering doing the Marie Kondo thing and organizing my drawers and closets.  In theory, that seems like a perfect use of time and I may get to it later.

 After one more movie and a little Amazon shopping.

Stay warm and make the best of my Beauties! xo

No comments: