Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The Warrior...


 1992 when Patti Smythe and Scandal broke the airwaves with their hit song, "The Warrior,"  I quickly and utterly identified with it.  The driving beat along with the 'take no prisoners' lyrics struck me to the core.  It is my song.  I have it on every playlist.  When I used to run, it was my rhythm.  To this day, it is my meditation mantra.


So, when my friend Wayne came up to me at the gym and said, 'What does that mean to you?'-I had to think for a moment.  Of course it has nothing to do with physical fighting or war.  It's more of a personal reminder to fight for myself.  Fight for my beliefs, fight for my rights, (hey! that's another song!) and fight for order, peace, justice, comfort and love in my life.  Advocating for myself and my family.  I am a supporter and warrior for these things.  I also have a tank that says, 'peaceful warrior' which even explains my mindset further.  


The sign in my dressing room above my vanity reads, 'I am a warrior.'  I remind myself daily to fight the good fight for the things I can control while ignoring the rest.  I put on my war paint, take a deep breath and forge on.


These days, I am praying and and 'warring' hard for Randy.  He is making progress and has a wonderful team of medical warriors on his side.  And he is fighting hard.  Your support means so much to us.  And to my wonderful 'prayer warriors,' please keep it up.  


Life is precious-fight for what is important to you.  XO

4 comments:

Lori Mess said...

You know we are praying hard for a full recovery
Love you guys!

blueberryboutiqueblog@gmail.com said...

He is on the prayer list at church. I think of you both and pray for you daily. Love you guys!!

blueberryboutiqueblog@gmail.com said...

He is on the prayer list at church. I think of you both and pray for you daily. Love you guys!!

jodi said...

Thank you Lori and Kelly-we will take all the support we can get! XOXOXO