Monday, April 18, 2022

Were You There?…


 Happy Easter everybody.  Easter season is always a time of deep reflection for me.  Holy Week and all it represents fills me with hope as well as floods me with memories.  Going to my Grandparents in Detroit and watching with awe as they and my Mom, reverently observed the holy rituals.  Easter dresses and patent leather shoes that could hopefully be worn without a winter jacket and mittens.  Chocolate bunnies, sidewalk chalk and ham dinners. Trying to understand the mystery and true meaning of Easter.


As an adult, my celebration is different, but my feelings are the same.  I am renewed by the very love and sacrifice by our Savior and filled by a strength and hope to ‘do better.’  As an avowed cloud dreamer, I prayed and meditated while searching the formations of a cobalt sky filled with white cottony clouds.  I saw a cross, a lamb, praying hands as well as Angel wings and a heart.  I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude, connection and blessings that was soothing to my soul.


I hope your day was filled with joy. (And maybe tomorrow I’ll grab up some pastel M&M’s at 75% off! 

No comments: