Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Santa Claus is Coming to Town…

 

At our annual Christmas Family Pajama Party we had a visit from jolly old St. Nick!  The children were delighted and did the traditional knee and list thing and posed for some darling pics.  Us older chicks had our moment and I spared poor Santa trying to fit me on his lap.  I assured him of my excellent behavior all year.


After stuffing ourselves with a buffet fit for a Queen and imbibing on holiday cocktails, we played our  usual rowdy White Elephant gift exchange.  It was wonderful to catch up with all my cousins and their families-new babies, new pregnancies, jobs, health and maybe some new wrinkles and gray hair!  


I’ve said it before-Christmas is a spiritual time for me.  Randy and I quit buying gifts for people who don’t need/want anything, so that pressure is off.  My Mom and sister baked my favorite Christmas cookies today so I hope to see her, munch a few cookies, hit Christmas mass and show her all my pics from the party!  Sounds like my idea of a perfect Christmas!


Thanks to Chelsea, Andrew and family for again hosting this fun bash!  Your  home reeks of family, love, laughter and fun and is the perfect place to gather.  And did I mention that their gorgeous bar is called ‘The Library Bar?’  It’s perfection!

No comments: