Tuesday, March 12, 2019

This Feeling...

Facebook in all its wisdom, knowledge and bravery-behind-the-keyboard, recently declared that 'feeding the homeless feeds your ego.'  Apparently and evidently, that person has never experienced either end of that spectrum.

I love feeding and helping not only the homeless, but anyone who needs help.  It does nothing for my ego and everything for my soul.  I do not mention this for glory-only to share how wonderful as well as appreciative it makes me feel.

I am fortunate to be able to do it now, but I remember back in the day when things were different.  Dane and I would have had some 'hungry years' had it not been for others.  I was working two jobs and just barely squeaking along.  My parents, sister and brother in law, and even a few friends, were very generous in making sure we were eating.  My Mom cooked for us,  Lisa and Steve actually filled my freezer and Therese and others treated us to meals out.

 Did they do it for their ego?  I like to think they did it because they loved us.

Be loved and spread the love.  It's a beautiful thing. OX

No comments: