Monday, December 2, 2019

Grateful...

It was a perfect dozen that celebrated Thanksgiving with us this year.  Lindsey and Joe from Denver plus Mom Julie as well as my nephews from Traverse City and niece from Ann Arbor.  Add in 2 Yorkies and 3 ducks (those we ate!) and you get the full picture.  We also celebrated Mom's birthday. As always, I am grateful for family and all of their love and support.

But now it starts....Needing to pick up a few things on the way home was a nightmare with Home Depot being a full on madhouse as well as another store we couldn't find a parking space in!  Many houses had lights out and decorated trees were in many windows.  As usual, I am just not ready.  I have actually overheard people say that they just had to pick up a few last minute gifts.  Huh?  Thank goodness I don't shop anymore, I just can't take the madness.  A white elephant gift exchange for an upcoming party is more my speed.  I'll just go downstairs and pick some random goodie and call it good.

So I ask you dear friends, how do you handle the full thrust of  'holiday cheer' that comes before the Thanksgiving turkey cools?  

While answering that question, you might want to ponder this one; 'But was everybody really Kung Fu fighting?'  What if?  

Have a great week, Dolls!  XOXO





2 comments:

the walking man said...

The full thrust of holiday cheer is for the most part ignored since I quit drinking alcohol 20 years ago. It seems that without the numbing effects of that Wassail juice the season is fairly intolerable to this curmudgeon.

jodi said...

Hi-I miss you, you old Mudgeon! I do still have my wine, but over all it all wears me out. I don't shop, I decorate less and generally try to just remember the reason for the madness. But I LOVE the cookie and sweets! Let's get together when the December dust settles. XO