Monday, January 6, 2020

I Love it Loud...

Gotta tell you a little true story that happened today.

 While perusing Second Hand Rose thrift store, a rather rumpled looking man wandered in.  On this chilly day, the gentleman was shoeless and without a coat.  Yes, shoeless.  He spoke to the woman at the register and explained that he had just been released from the hospital and they had lost some of his clothes.  He was directed to the store in hopes of some help.

As he ambled off to try to find a pair of shoes,  I waited to see if I could help.  Soon he came back to the desk, still in his stocking feet and told us that there were no shoes big enough for his feet.  At this, the employee kicked off her Crocs and gave them to him.  Because the Crocs are backless, they fit him well enough to get by.  The manager of the store then offered him a coat and a referral to the Salvation Army where more help would be available.

Everyone seemed satisfied, but I can't help wondering how the generous, shoeless, woman got through the day and her bus ride home.  She is a very sweet lady that treats everyone with a smile and a kind word.

I have been wondering all day what I can do to give back to someone who so unhesitatingly gives the shoes off of her feet to a stranger.  I am counting on you, dear readers, to give me some suggestions.


Any ideas?  Please let me know!  XO

2 comments:

the walking man said...

A pizza (comfort food is never wrong)

Perhaps a couple of shares of Croc industry stocks as a reminder that goodness does not go unnoticed

and $50 ti get her a new pair for breaking in.

jodi said...

Great suggestions and I agree-if loving pizza is wrong, then I don't wanna be right! xo