Monday, February 3, 2020

Can't you See...


On February 04, 2000 Randy and I eloped and made plans for our lives together.  We came into this union with previous marriages behind us and I like to think that we were more prepared and ready to make the compromises necessary.   (Randy is especially skilled at this!) This is especially important because we really are quite opposite people!  Randy loves to stay on the go and I am a total homegirl.  He's a workaholic and I am pretty lazy.  I adore sweets and he could care less.  He can stay on the boat all day and although I'm good for awhile, I really am a land lover mermaid.  Randy is a total people person and loves to be part of a group.  I am more of a loner and a total commitment phobe.  I can read all day and he can't sit still that long.  I could go on, but you get the idea.

However, we share way more important things-concern and love of family, mutual respect, love of dining and security, as well as the value of our special friends.  These are the things that bond us.  Our goals are discussed and agreed upon and we value each others opinions.

  Our adventures have spanned from Alaska to the Keys and many points in between.  We always have fun and are happy wherever we land.

I can't believe how fast time has flown and anniversaries are certainly markers of that.  I thank God often for the kismet that put Randy in my path so many years ago.  I wouldn't be single now for anything and I can't imagine life without him.  He has been my rock.

Hopefully he takes a minute to read my rambling.  Here's to the next twenty with all the adventures it will bring.  And if I don't say it enough-I love you.   XO


No comments: