Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Sunday Drive...

 
Quads are sexxy and I don't mean that area on the front of my legs!  On Sunday I was one lucky girl that had the pleasure of crewing on a boat that was on a sailfish hunt.  We saw two sea turtles mating, and then separating when they saw us.  A case of 'tortoise interruptus' on the high seas!  After spotting two sails, we hooked the third and landed the beauty.  After pics and admiration, we safely released the fish.  We also were treated to a pod of dolphins next to the boat and then playing in the prop wash.  Ahhhhhhhmazing!

Kicking in the four big boys, we zoomed to the sandbar where the regular  Sandbar Sunday festivities (with some distancing!) was carrying on as usual.  With water temps hovering around 85 degrees, swimming felt like bathing!  Shortly the gorgeous Keys sunset filled the sky with pastel beauty.

What a special day and it does not escape me how very fortunate I am to be here.  With the world experiencing this horrible crisis, it's nice to hold onto the things that are the same.  Sun, water, nature and sunsets.

I hope you can find pleasure and beauty and hang in there until 'normalcy' returns.  Prays and hope for all that are not as lucky as myself.  Stay safe and sane.  XO

No comments: