Tuesday, May 19, 2020

4 Broken Hearts....

Saltwater Thrills magazine-here I come!  Check out the permit I landed while out on the high seas  with Captain Doug.  It was a thrilling fight that taxed my flabby biceps to the max.

Anyone who knows me, is familiar with my usual boat participation.  I am a very weak first mate to the captain and truly are just along for the ride.  The moment I get sunscreened, a towel under me, an icy drink in the cupholder and my nose in my book I hear,  'Can you get me a beer?  And a coozy.  Can you get up and watch for the pinfish trap?  Hand me the gaff.  Press the GPS twice, will ya?'  Grrrrrr....rrrr leave me to my relaxin'-I'm at a really good part of the story.

 I came to chill, eat some snacks and spot porpoises and turtles, get a tan and read.  But when we got into a mess of permit and I was the only one that hadn't landed one, (or even assisted in landing one) it was my turn to make the day a perfect permit 4 for 4.  This little beauty put up a gallant effort and ran on me four or five times.  With burning biceps, I finally landed her, posed for the pick and resumed my position.  I admit it was fun, but I do not consider me a passionate fisherwoman.

Now a stop at the Lorelie for happy (3) hours, or a sunset viewing or even a day the sandbar-I can totally be counted on for full participation.

Hey, ya can't be good at everything, right?  A girl's got to know her limitations!

Have a great week and cross your fingers that Michigan opens soon! xo

P.S. Thank you Captain Doug and First Mate Monica for all the amazing fishing and fun we had on your beautiful boat.  Luv u!

No comments: