Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Six Feet Apart...

Anyone else feelin' a little crabby? 

Last week for the first time in 7 weeks, I masked up and went to Walgreens.  Randy has made all the Publix runs keeping my asthma afflicted lungs safe while supplying me enough Pinot to weather this nuttiness!   I was out of extra strength pit juice and deodorant is very essential in 90 degree temps- even if you are 6 feet away from me.   You would not believe (as I didn't!) my crazy reaction to be able to 'shop!'

Total sensory overload with a side of mania.  ALL the 'overs' flooded my system and woke up the dormant shopper in me.  I MUST PURCHASE THINGS!!!  Easter candy still left and at 70% off?  I'm in and I don't even like those bird egg things.  Wow, shark hand puppets.  I tried it on and did the Jaw's theme for a bit, causing a few knit eyebrows over their masks.  'Get out of my aisle you big old fun sponge'!  Hey, Walgreen clothes are kinda cute!  I should have purchased that floral muu muu.  With a belt, a hem job and a deeper cut neckline, it could have been a look.  If there would have been a matching turban, I would have been all in for a little Mrs. Roper quarantine style!  Mercy me, Cheetos now makes popcorn?  Another perfect accessory for my muu muu-and the loud print will even hide my cheese dust! 

I finally made my way to the checkout counter where a very blase' cashier rang up my purchases.  She thanked me and told me to stay safe.  Safe from myself?  I was a total menace as I reveled in the feeling of normalcy-well, sort of normal.  But these are not normal times and desperate measures were called for! 

Later at home while 'whining' and eating crab claws, I once again reflected on how blessed I am to be healthy.  I hope you all are finding something to giggle about-it helps to ease the stress.  See you next week in Michigan.  Hopefully NOT 6 feet apart!  XOXO
P.S.  Thank you Luis for the crab claw hook up.  They were ahhhhhhmazing! xo
P.P.S.S.  I'm going back to Walgreens for that muu muu........

No comments: