Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Gaslighter...

So how is July finding everyone?  Mask on and mask off!  I have complied and washed my hands incessantly, so after having stomach pains for a week, I landed in the hospital for numerous tests to determine the origin of the pain.  And to just check to make sure no unnecessary organs haven't blown up. 

So from 4 p.m. till 12.30 a.m. I was held hostage in a chilly room with a paper robe and sheet.  I was wheeled off 3 separate times for tests and was made to drink two glasses of some weird stuff.  I was pumped full of liquids for my dehydration.

The findings-no faulty organs and no corona virus; but one that is just as uncomfortable.  It was finally determined that I have a bacterial food poisoning issue.  I was given a script to help with the cramps and sent out into the night.  There is no meds that will 'cure' it and lots of water is all I can do.  Follow a boring, bland diet when you have to eat.  But you won't feel like it.  In 10-14 days I should be fine.

And....it's contagious!  My poor niece Nicole is currently going thru the same symptoms.  So, even with caution, I have contracted a random virus and passed it along.  So much for all the hype regarding 'safety.'  Take it for what it's worth.

Stay healthy and avoid all nasty viruses! 
   

2 comments:

Julie LaFleche said...

I’m so sorry to hear this. Not a nice way to spend part of your summer. As I was reading I thought maybe they would come back and say it was your gall bladder. I had to have mine taken out 2 yrs ago after losing 55# in 2 months. I hope their recommendations work for you and you will be back to your usual self. ❤️

jodi said...

Hi Julie! It's been a drag for sure! They thought it might be my gall bladder, but it wasn't. So good to hear from you and I hope you are well. XO