Monday, September 21, 2020

Baby, Baby...


 Aren't my niece and nephew adorable?  And in October, baby will make three!


On Sunday, I attended my first Zoom baby shower for my niece Lindsey and her husby Joe. They live in Denver, so even without Covid, attending a live event would be hard.  So family and friends gathered on Sunday, online, to fete the expecting couple.  A thoughtful package arrived last week with wine, and snacks designed to be had at the 'shower.'  So I gathered my goodies and booted up with the rest of the guests.  It was so cool to join everyone to see Lindsey open her gifts, show off her nursery as well as her growing belly.  We even played a little game!  Joe patiently endured....


As much as I hate the 'new normal,' and the 'we are all in this together' stuff, I get it...We certainly can't have Linds trying to deliver with a mask on!  


 If all goes as I'VE planned,  Baby Boy will arrive on Halloween and weigh eight pounds and eight ounces.  That's my entry for the game and I want to win that Zingerman's gift basket!  Treats for great Auntie Jodi!


Congrats to Lindsey and Joe and I love you and can't wait to meet my new grand nephew!  Go Blue!  XOXO


P.S. Kudo's to Laurel and Lisa, the hostesses with the mostesses!  Y'all killed it!  xo

3 comments:

Lindsey W said...

Wellllll aren't you just the sweetest Auntie!! Hooray for the ability to see each other at least virtually and celebrate. Fingers crossed for you on that Zingerman's!
Miss you!

Xoxo
Snoozie

Lori Mess said...

Congratulations to All!

jodi said...

Snooze, Next best thing to being there! Can't wait to meet our new boy! Luv u guys!

Lori Mess, thank you, my darling!