Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Tears in Heaven...


 It is with total heartache and sympathy for the families that I post this anguish fill picture from the Texas massacre.  Tears fill my eyes as I view the slideshow of the beautiful and innocent children that have had their lives cut short as well as the two teachers that tried in vain to save them.  I can't even imagine sending your child off to school on a normal day that ends anything but normal. Senseless, horrific, tragic.  Lives will never be the same and I'm not sure how you ever live thru such incredible grief.  


What's the answer?  I feel that the mental health issue with these shooters have to be addressed.  I can't remember even one of these events growing up and there were guns everywhere.  I simply don't remember that kind of unchecked anger.  Is it social media and its pressures?  Can that even be controlled now that its influence is the norm?  What are we doing differently?  What has changed that people are so mentally unstable?  Are we missing the warning signs?  Are guns always going to end up in the wrong hands?  How do we address and prevent this perfect storm of mental illness/anger and access to firearms?  Mental illness is not new but the anger and acting out is becoming more and more commonplace.  And now 19 children are gone leaving families as well as a nation are left to mourn and figure out the why's.


We definitely need to have this conversation and figure out the why's.  


Please join me in prayers for the families of these innocent angels.  



No comments: