Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Running up that Hill...


20 years now

Where'd they go?

20 years

I don't know

I sit and I wonder sometimes

where they've gone... 


   Bob Seger


As I celebrated my 'official' launch into social security realm, this tune came to mind.  Wait-wasn't I just 44?  How in the world did 20 years slip by?  Not that it's been a bad run or anything, but really 20 years?  My Mom called to say that she couldn't believe I was 64, which is really something considering she will soon be 84!  


Now, I know, some of you will say that 'it's only a number.'  Yes, but it's a REAL number.  I feel like I look at things so differently now.  It's a relief to truly not give a care what anyone thinks of me.  I dress for myself and what works for me.  It matters not a whit what anyone thinks.  I curb my words carefully tho...I want to stay soft and not throw any harsh opinions around.  Nobody cares.  If I feel like a nap, I take it.  The same goes for dessert.  I will read for hours.  If I feel like hugging you, I do.  It's for me and I sometimes need it.  I do not question what has happened in my life.  I choose to believe that it's all for a purpose and sometime later, I will know the answers.  I pray more.  And I've slowed down.  If I make it to the gym-it's good, and if not, there's always tomorrow.  Family is #1.


Here's the hopes that the next 20 years bring health, love and happiness.  But for now, I gotta go collect that Social Security!   See, age has some? benefits!  XO

No comments: