Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Good Vibrations....


This week when I got my oil changed on Lux, I left with a very satisfied feeling.  I was responsible and did the right thing for her engine.  They put the little sticker my windshield reminding me to do it all again in 5,000 miles.  I get the very same feeling when I get my teeth cleaned.  Responsible.  These are necessary tasks and a part of life, and I am always sort of relieved when I've accomplished them.  Even going to get groceries and hauling them in and putting them away.  Satisfaction knowing that I am stocked with what we need.  Same goes for putting away the last of the clean laundry.


But now, the responsible, satisfied feeling has a name-'adulting.'  Huh?  You mean just slogging thru the day doing what has to be done?  As opposed to what?  Childing-where you wear diapers and drink from a bottle?  Or teening-where you stare at your phone and constantly take pictures of yourself?  Sheesh...I think it's ridiculous.  


And I understand 'good vibes' or 'good vibes only' and I think I rode that slang train back in the 70's.  Positive energy and thoughts can manifest good things and Lord knows we need all the help we can get.  But now, everything is a vibe.   My outfit-it's a vibe.  That paint color-truly a vibe.  My clean closet-a major vibe.  It's a thing maybe, but a vibe?  Not so sure.  I fear that the vibes good intentions have fallen into a sort of all-encompassing word for anything you may have to describe or comment on.  How about, 'your outfit looks great, the paint color is appropriate for this space and that closet is killer organized?'  Or you could just say that it's a vibe.  Good, bad, or ugly-the shit is vibeing.  


So, what's my rant about?  Am I just crabby due to adulting all day with very little vibe?  Not sure, but I know that as I consider my days accomplishments with Hazel purring loudly on my lap,  all is good.



And that my friend, IS a vibe!  XO

No comments: