Thursday, January 19, 2023

Yellowstone (Theme)…

 

I love to party.  And I hate being late.  That said, I find myself horribly late for the 'Yellowstone' party.  I'm not talking about a visit to the great park-but just a date with the Netflix series, "Yellowstone."  


Now, I did try to watch back in the first season that the show aired.  I've never liked westerns and I was sure that this one would be no different.  In all my wisdom, I deemed the show a loser, with poor writing and mediocre acting.  "Well, this one will never make it."


Randy binge watched the series while he was hospitalized and got totally hooked.  So, trusting his judgement, I watched last season with him and joined the Yellowstone Party-better late than never.  And I love it.  Fast forward to this week.  While Randy is quail hunting/swordfish fishing in the Outer Banks, I am bingeing myself silly on the early seasons of Yellowstone.   


I've finished season one and two and about to start season three.  Many of my questions have been answered and I understand some of the intricacies of the characters.  I have learned that cowboys are not just cute guys in western wear but guys who actually work with the cows. (Get it? Cow Boys?)



 It makes me want to slip on my boots and cowboy hat and drink a tumbler of warm whiskey.  Living in the bunkhouse looks worlds more fun than the college dorm I missed out on.  And I love horses and cows.  Maybe I would be a great cowboy-one that wears the cool outfit and pets the cows and horses. 


 But I draw the line at the warm whiskey.  XO

No comments: