Monday, January 18, 2021

Dream On...


 Consider Martin Luther King Jr. Day.... Yes, there is no mail or school and some of us have a holiday.  But it's important to remember his message.  His gentle and insistent message is still unanswered and relevant today.  I feel like we are still struggling for perfect equality without violence, prejudice and hate.  It says so much about our progress and lack of empathy and shows how very little we have progressed.  All the passion of Martin Luther King Jr. STILL has been unable to change that and make the world realize that we are all children of the universe and equal in all ways.


I have a dream, too.  That the world heals from division and hate and that we once again, realize that we all come from different places and have different views based on that.  Our experiences are not 'equal' and we have to look ahead to overcome old thought patterns that make us entitled to behave that we are somehow 'better' than the next person.  I dream of the day when those rough edges of prejudice are smoothed off and harmony persists-when our commonalities are more important than our differences.  When looking at homeless and addicts, that we understand they may have a disease and can't help their situation.  And then helping them.


I dream of a world where disease is minimized and efforts to advocate for our health is a top priority.  Responsibility for ourselves while displaying tolerance for those that don't.  Realizing that our judgement of others says nothing about them but everything about ourselves.  I dream of personally maintaining the optimism that things WILL get better and closer to the normal that we are comfortable with. My bubblehead wishes for a healthy Randy to go to work everyday while I hit up my gym classes and return to my quiet house of comfort. I dream of the phone call,  'put on something cute, we are going out for dinner!'  (it's the small stuff that I miss!)  


What's your dream and what are you doing to achieve it?  I would love to know!  XOXO

No comments: