Tuesday, February 16, 2021

The Lucky Ones...




 While driving to Ossineke, the farther north we progressed, the snowier it was.  As kids, Lisa, Steve and I did all winter sports and were known to play outside in the coldest weather.   We skated, skied, sledded, snowmobiled-all the 'S' things!  But now, I am an avowed wuss and grumble when the temp goes below 72 degrees.  But, taking a moment to notice the trees that looked like they were decorated in snowballs was a beautiful thing.  I simply forgot how gorgeous a wooded area looks dressed in a coat of fresh white snow.  


On Friday night we headed up to Cedar Grove for pizza.  The place was full of old friends (and family!) that I haven't seen in a while.  We received the warmest welcome you can imagine and had a great time catching up.  Living in the city can be quite anonymous when you are used to a small town.  I forgot how good it feels to have history and familiarity with people.

On Saturday we celebrated a belated Thanksgiving-known in our family as 'Ducksgiving' as ducks are our fowl of choice.  (belated because Someone was in the hospital in November!)  Steve and Lisa put on a most tasty dinner, cooked with love.  And I forgot how delicious duck a l'orange is!  


With all of life's struggles, I am reminded not to forget the most important things.  Looking past the 'stuff'' to find the joy in nature, food and old friends.   These are the things sustain me.

In other words, taking time to smell the duck!

P.S.  It seems like thanking people is a huge part of my life right now.  Your smiles, hugs, care and concern make me want to be a better person.  Never underestimate that power !XOXO



















No comments: