Monday, February 1, 2021

Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah...


 Anyone want some good news?  The restaurants are opening!!  No more of this outdoor dining in frigid Michigan temperatures!  Unpitch those tents, thaw out those igloos and get those fishing shanty's on the ice where they belong!  As well you all know, Randy and I are professional diners-a label we are anxious to reactivate-inside, with the heat on.  Craft cocktails to be tried, new menus to be perused and luscious deserts to diet off.  And I can't wait.  I am limited in my cooking expertise and am happily folding up my apron as we speak.  Plus, I want to dress up and socialize-something not required with carryout or delivery.  It's the first step to our culinary normalcy.  


As 02-02-21 approaches, I look back fondly 21 years ago,  remembering how Randy and I eloped in the Everglades.  It's been a wonderful and crazy ride that has gone faster than an airboat ride.  Here's to the adventure continuing for 21 years (or so) more.


And the last and final good thing is that Randy has been steadily progressing.  He is now able to spend a considerable amount of time-up to 8 hours-without supplemental oxygen.  He has been carefully working out and is gaining strength everyday.  It's a process, but one that is definitely moving in the right direction.  And truly all other news pales in comparison.


Looking forward to Randy's continued progress, and toasting our anniversary in a heated restaurant soon. Things that I used to take for granted are coming our way. 


My oh my, what a wonderful day! 
 OXO

No comments: