Monday, February 22, 2021

Little Bit...


It's a tragic and sad tale of unrequited love. 


Never before have I poured more effort into caring about something with absolutely no return of feelings. Every single day I beg her for snuggles and she has not once answered my request.  She will lay on my desk when I work and will beg me promptly at 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. for her food.  Other than that, she will not give me the time of day.  However; she will lay on and sleep with Randy and Uncle Steve and Uncle Mark are her people.  Hazel runs to those guys the moment they walk in the room.  She also loves my Mom.  


But I am her lowly servant and caretaker.  It's me who has litter box duty, vittle purchasing, and furball clean up.  I also keep her long fur brushed and knot free.  And still, she ignores me.  I realize that this is the very behavior that makes people choose dogs as pets, but we inherited her years ago after Dane rescued her little furry, feral butt from a shrub on Hazel street.   Countless Youtube videos assure me that cats CAN be loving-it's just not been my experience-with Hazel anyway.  


I am determined (or just plain stupid!) to win her over and make her love me.   So on national Love Your Pet Day, I did my part but wondered when national Love Your Servant/Caretaker Day is.  If anyone knows, please alert Hazel!






No comments: