Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Little Queen of Spades...


 The magnet on my fridge says, “It’s good to be the queen.”  


Randy calls me the Queen.   Not A Queen,  or Queen Bee or even Queen B—-h, but THE Queen.   When peeps call him and inquire about the Queen, it’s my well being getting the askance.  Glad we got that straight.....


I like to think I am the ruler of our little monarchy, but Randy and I make all royal palace decisions equally.  I did not inherit the position, but Randy treats me as such.  I have appointed Hazel as my little Princess.  


As a long time royal watcher, I have always been intrigued by all the pomp and privilege involved.  Actually, being that the Queen is more a figurehead, Lady Diana was way more watchable and relatable to me.  She was able to wield her power to help others in a very hands-on way.  I loved her humble, gracious demeanor.  I mourned her death as well her loving influence, and aspire to emulate her in any way that I can.


The royals and I share a love of millenry and I collect and wear hats regularly.  Resemblance to her majesty ends there-pretty quickly.   But I will continue to rule my little kingdom with Princess Hazel but my side.  I will decree 'Happy Hour,' dinner locations as well as possible shopping excursions.


I'll just plop on a hat, grab Hazel and enjoy the royal life that I am fortunate and grateful to have.  happier life and for this I am royally grateful.


It's good to be The Queen!


No comments: