Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Rain...

 Rain, rain-go away, come again another day!


We needed rain-I get that...but this is getting crazy!  Does it all have to come at once?   On Friday I drove to the beach during a deluge that had me in a death grip on Lux!  I know I’m getting old because I now hate to drive at night and almost as bad is driving in the rain.  I feel a total lack of control. We lucked out and missed the tornado that touched down in nearby Port Austin.  Also we escaped any basement flooding in the city.  I feel horrible for all those suffering the damage brought on by the storms as well as inconvenience of the power/internet outages.  Mother Nature need not be so relentless after the year we have endured!


On the bright (and hopefully sunny!) side, the farmers are doing cartwheels!  The corn will definitely be knee high or better by next week, ready for the ‘up north’ recipe which include lots of butter and honey!  And maybe this weather front will be over by the holiday weekend.  Y’all know that the Fourth of July is my favorite holiday, with family joining us to celebrate.  


So if anyone has a hex, anti rain dance, or a good old fashioned prayer, now would be a good time to get busy.  Please, please, please-don’t rain on my parade!

No comments: