Tuesday, June 1, 2021

The Sad River...


 I hope you all enjoyed the beautiful Memorial Day Weekend while taking a moment to pause and give thanks, prayer, respect and wonderment to the brave service people and service puppers that gave all so that we could have our freedom.  They gave what I could never have the guts to do.


Our weekend included the perfect mix of food, family and friends.  The kick off to summer has officially began and I just hope it doesn't fly by too fast.  I want it all to slow down so I can remember to stop and smell the bonfire, as well as count my blessings.


Sadly, I read with horror the story describing the discovery of 215 Indigenous children's bodies in British Columbia.  In an attempt to strip the children of their culture and language, they were forced to attend school, where they met their death.  How could this have even happened?  What is wrong with people?  I do not yet understand the details but I am sickened all the same.


So, it was a bittersweet holiday with Veteran's and those children on my mind.   Please remember those poor children and their families in your prayers as well as our Veterans.  


Until next week, my Lovelies.  XO


  

No comments: