Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Essence...


 Just when you thought you’d seen it all...


My ocean side travels have exposed me to every possible variety of ‘mermaid art’-from cute to kitschy.   Or so I thought.  On Saturday, I was gifted this incredible piece that was handmade by Rick from Atlas Jewelers.  He calls his work “Timeless Art” and my mermaid is made up of antique watch parts.  The incredible attention to detail is stunning and meticulously fashioned.  In addition, she sports real shells, a diamond and a pearl.  She holds in her hand a charm off a one hundred year old piece that Rick engraved my name on and her fish friend is suffused with so much personality!  


My piece is signed and numbered 1 of 1 and Rick has expressed that the detail was very tedious and time consuming and it will be a one of a kind!  (He also designed and created my pirate necklace from vintage jewelry years ago and I get compliments on it constantly!)  For a look at his other art pieces, check out his Instagram page at mauirick or stop in at the fabulous Atlas Jewelers.


Thank you again Rick-I adore her!  And Tom, Kara, Vivi and Bash for the perfect day to celebrate two of the best things in life-art and friends.  (Oh, and wine...there was definitely wine.)  XOXO

No comments: