Monday, August 2, 2021

My House...


 I had a great weekend.   It was 3 days that were therapeutic, fun and satisfying.  So,  did I sleep till noon?  Eat lobster with good wine?  Did I jet off to Paris on the Concorde?  Nope, nope, and nope-something even better.  I painted my niece’s house.  


Mic drop.


Yes, you heard me right.  I come from a long line of nutballs who simply love to paint!   Nicole got the keys to her new house on Thursday afternoon and early Friday morning we found ourselves poring over color samples and drop cloths.  We hauled five gallons of paint and supplies out of that hardware and got busy-real busy.  For three days, we patched, primed, sanded and painted our little hearts out- and bought even more paint.  The rest of the crew (family!) showed up and joined in the action.  Lights were hung, cabinets cleaned and lined, and windows washed.   Between crazy dancing and snatches of pizza and more than a few beers, we spit shined that house to pristine, move-in condition.  Things progressed with mostly laser focus with only one unfortunate event where Nicole stepped in a full paint pan.  A minor setback that took a roll of paper towels and a bath (Nicole!) to remedy.  The inside report being that somehow there was paint where there should NEVER be paint!     


And I loved every minute of it.  Champagne was popped and toasts were made.   And with a flourish, the final touch was added.  Nicole shook out her new doormat-WELCOME TO THE SHITSHOW.


Congrats on your dollhouse, Nicole!



No comments: