Monday, September 20, 2021

Days Go By...


 In two days it’ll be fall y’all.   Sigh....


 As Michiganders, I think the weather unites us in a way.  Together we yearn for warm, summer and then commiserate when it’s too hot-or actually too humid.  We enjoy the beauty of fall and all it’s ‘pumpkin-ness’ but shake our heads with trepidation over months of cold and ice.  But then we delight at the first glittering snowfall, before wondering when it will all melt and give way to the fresh, new life of spring.  Hearty stock, we are-enduring and enjoying the changes the weather brings our lives.  I think the effects of of the seasons is a commonality that binds us.  And couldn’t we use a little binding right now?


So, I’m ready..I’ll be turning off the A.C. and turning on the fireplace.  We’ll put the boat away. 😢 I’ve begun to switch out my closet for warmer togs and I’m already looking forward to stews, roasts and the like.   It’s okay.  Change is good right?  


I would hate to see Ben Bailey pointing to the weather map and saying, “Just another 75 and sunny day, again!”  Because where’s the fun in that, right?  Right?  Sigh...

XO Dolls.


2 comments:

the walking man said...

I need just one more month of commando mode!

jodi said...

Panties are always optional, Mark!