Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Nevermind...


 Fall and colder weather always inspires me to get my 'ish' together.  I'm like a bear preparing to hibernate, well, until February when we make our Keys escape.


The (sometimes) neglected yard will get the major trimming and clean up job.  Bye bye irises and lilies-see you in the spring when I will be once again overjoyed to see your buds.  Thank God I have yard dude extraordinaire, Joe, to assist with this endeavor!


As I inventory the house, most rooms need 'something.'  A light bulb here and a paint touch up there.  Here a light, there a brush everywhere a fix up.  I see decor I want to ditch and drawers I want to sort.  The garage will get a purge as soon as Randy goes hunting and can't see what I am gonna haul to the garbage.  (You don't know a thing, if he asks!)  20 pairs of sandals will be sorted and I'll lose my mind with the big decision of what stays and what goes.  


As the holidays approach I get nervous about overscheduling and need a visual paper calendar with all the events in their square.  As a total commitment phobe, have to be sure that there are lots of spaces between events.  (Also to see which ones I can bow out of!)  Doctor and dentist appointments will be scheduled.


Do you ever feel that pressure to 'nest?'  I do every fall along with the craving for a giant, caramel apple.


Enjoy whatever your plans are and here's a tip:  Nino Salvaggio's have the best caramel apples! 


No comments: