Monday, January 10, 2022

Less Than Zero...


 I wasn't always a wuss. 

 Growing up in northern Michigan I was an avid skier, skater, and snowmobiler-embracing the sometimes bracing cold weather.  Here's how you know you are old....we walked three blocks to the bus stop and then waited outside for the bus-no matter the temperature.  We did not have down filled North Face jackets and and our mittens and boots were nowhere near the caliber that I sport today as I go about my way.  

Nowadays my car is in a garage and the electric start has me riding warmly with the seat heater and steering wheel heater on high.  And still I am freezing.  My house temp is at seventy degrees and usually my fireplace is on full blast with the heatilator blasting-and still I am usually chilly.  I have a giant plush robe and a wonderful down comforter.  I simply cannot tolerate being cold!  


I try not to wish the days away and try to find something good even in the frigid season.  Life's too short to wish time away just for better weather, especially when you live in Michigan-it's part of the deal.  I'll make the best of it and pray that I don't get any wussier!  Stay warm, my friends.   XOXO

2 comments:

the walking man said...

I thought you had viking blood there Blondie? 🥶

jodi said...

Mark-you remembered! I do come from strong Nordic stock, but blood thinners and creature comforts have me identifing as a ‘citiot wimp!’