Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Honkey Tonk Woman...

Good Morning from the crew!  Had a wonderful day exploring Duck Key, Conch Key and Islamorada.  We were treated to three separate dolphin encounters, some frosty libations, as well as some very tasty local grub.  The seas were calm and the day ended with a gorgeous sunset.  It's a day to dream about.

And speaking of dreams-just a little clever segue for y'all-I recently had the perfect timing to realize an experience that has been on my bucket list.  Two hours earlier or later and I could have missed by Star Moment!

The sweet and condescending musician at the Florida Boy allowed me to 'sit in' on a song! 

#4 on Jodi's Bucket List=Playing cowbell on Honey Tonk Woman LIVE ON STAGE!

Check, Check and Check!

Now, years ago, much to Dane's chagrin, I was encouraged-okay allowed- to play the tambourine in a gig when he was in the band.  I loved it of course and Dane gallantly allowed me the 'moment.'  It was a cool thing (for me) and Dane survived it.

I admit to a slow start on the cowbell, but quickly caught the beat.  I finished my gig, thanked my bandmate, and took a bow amidst thundering applause.  I sat my honkey tonk ass down and grabbed my cocktail, like the rockstar that I am.

Life is good.   See you all when I go on tour!  More cowbell, more cowbell!   XOXO 



I



1 comment:

Panty Buns said...

Your crew looks like they are a lot of fun to be with!
You all look fabulous and fashionable.
It's wonderful that you had three dolphin encounters!!!
It looks beautiful there out on the water as the sun is starting to set.
Best wishes for many more fab experiences in the future.

my blog
my YouTube
my Twitter