Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Bleached Wavves...

Seas the day.  Seize the day!  Grab that carpe by the diem and ride that fabulous wave all day!

Yesterday, I faced a day at the beach, all alone, and decided to make the very best of it. Why not take the opportunity to relax and do whatever I feel like?  After sleeping in, for breakfast, I enjoyed a bowl of strawberry shortcake with my coffee.  What a perfect indulgence.  Yep, I ate like no one was watching; cuz no one was!  (extra whipped cream, please!)  I took a long beach walk and took my time exploring the ever changing shoreline.  I sat in the warm sand and watched some seagulls diving thru the waves enjoying the fish carcass buffet that Randy thoughtfully left them.  In the midst of the cacophony, our stunning resident eagle swooped in to seize his portion of the goodies. 

I then moved to the hammock to read and grab a siesta.  Can we just talk about the perfect beach read?  Curl up with '28 Summers' by Elin Hilderbrand and get lost in the perfection of Nantucket, gourmet food and romantic, new love.  It's an easy read with her usual intoxicating descriptions, detailed characters and storyline.  My mouth literally watered as the main character romped thru her life.  It's escapism at it's very best and was the perfect lead in to my snooze. 

The day ended sandy and sunkissed and somehow, still sleepy. 

Do you 'seas the day?'  If not, I highly recommend it!  XO

No comments: