Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Make it Rain...

'Do your own landscaping' they said.  "It'll be fun' they said.....

So I tackled the job and it was decidedly NOT fun.  Satisfying? Sorta.  My sister, Lisa was generous enough to supply me with 17 grasses she grew especially for the beachhouse.  Last weekend I busted my back weeding the area to get it ready for the action.  So when the 21! yards of topsoil was delivered, I had my little shovel ready to go.  Wait-21 yards?  Brother in law, Mark to the rescue!  His Kubota tractor, once again saved the day!  Now the fun began.

I dug through stones, concrete chunks, tree roots and lots of clay to get the holes ready.  I lugged 10 bags of potting soil and peat moss.  I wrangled the hose that kept kinking on me.  I slipped (numerous times!) in the clay.  I was splashed with muddy water and frightened by big worms.  But I got 'er done-and guess what?  It WAS satisfying-even more so after a shower and a big glass of the grape.

 I'm actually proud of my job and can't wait to see how the area fills in!  Thanks Lisa and Mark for your support.

See you next week when hopefully I'll be back to some measure of glamour and frivolity.
Have a wonderful week-it's officially summer! XO

No comments: