Monday, August 3, 2020

Freestyle...


As a high school student, I specialized in Art and Physical Education.  Shock, right!  I took every available class in both subjects from pottery to square dancing.  And I loved it.  I once did a mixed media piece that hung in the art department for years-one of my crowning life achievements.  I was passable in all artistic endeavors but not really outstanding in any of them.  I still have and art and craft supply cache with everything from oils and canvas to mosaics and clay.  I love to create-even if it's mediocre.  It provides a mindless escape.  That said, it's not too much of a stretch that I also love to paint walls and change mine up often.  On vacation, I haunt the galleries and admire all the fabulous and varied art and am always inspired by the vision and talent. 

  Sooo...this giant lead up and bit of history brings me to this past weekend when brother-in-law extraordinaire Mark needed his hunting blind painted. I was all in.  What else would I be doing on a hot August day?  The above pic shows me about to detail what I hope looks like an autumn sky in a heavily wooded area.  It was so satisfying and I loved it!  Most importantly, Mark was satisfied!

Lately I've been interested in taking an art appreciation course.  (Online of course-I have serious commitment issues!)  And I wish I could make what I see in my mind translate better to my canvas, but until then I'll just be happy painting walls and the random hunting blind.  

Happy August, Dollfriends and remember Earth without 'art' is just eh!   XOXO


No comments: