Monday, October 12, 2020

Eruption...


I just hate that Eddie Van Halen is no longer in this world.


As an old fan, I fell in love with his raw, hard driving talent.  MTV delighted me to no end with the entertaining videos that the boys provided.  The campiness of David Lee Roth plus his blatant playful sexuality made you happy to be alive.  And all the while, there was Eddie in the background, tearing it up.  Amazing.  Then, when Sammy Hagar fronted the band, I was stoked.  I have loved Sammy since the 'Three Lock Box' days and his gorgeous vocals were just what the band needed.  The pairing of the band and Sammy were perfection.  And again, there was Eddie shredding away.  More amazing.


So as I drove up to Ossineke this weekend, I was on sensory overload.  Sirius radio provided the perfect auditory accompaniment.  Van Halen radio was my jam as I sipped my Timmy iced coffee and admired the gorgeous fall leaf colors.  I never cease to be amazed at the beauty that Mother Nature (and God!) provides.  Three and a half hours flew by in a sweet flashback.


How can Eddie be gone?  Isn't he 35 years old with wild big hair and spandex-like me?  How has the time slipped by when we feel the same way now as we did then?  As I face the reality of aging and our mortality, I can thank Eddie and the boys for providing the soundtrack to many good times.  I only have to listen to trigger the memories.


R.I.P. Eddie and thank you for sharing your talent.  Your music and memory will live on.  XOXO




 

No comments: