Monday, October 19, 2020

Shangri-La


 At the last gasp of summer, on an evening beach walk, we stopped to check out this fort.  No, it was not a scene from 'Naked and Afraid,' but our neighbor kid's 'secret' fort.  There was no doubt that this was the work of Mason and Ray!  These kids are incredible and I love seeing them on the beach.  Both boys are tanned to a nut brown color that perfectly contrasts their wild, white blond hair that is sometime held in a bandana.   Athletic and fit, I see them running sometimes with a spear or torch-like thing in hand, deeply involved in some imaginative game.  The boys are natural on their kayaks. They fish from shore and hunt small game.  Both are artists and collect beach treasures for their various projects.   Barefoot and clad only in board shorts, these kids are the perfect picture of health, imagination, and charm.   


Did I say charm?  Oh yes, I did.  Anytime I happen upon them, they are always so polite to me.  "Hello, Miss Jodi!  How are you?  Are you finding any cool beach glass?"  They patiently answer any question I may pose about their adventures. I wish I had snapped a pic of them because they are adorable.  


Kudos to Hal and Denise for parenting these inspirational boys-they are the best kind of 'reality show!"  Thank you for sharing them.  See y'all on the beach. xo 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so sweet Jodi! The boys miss you and Mason can’t wait to find sea glass with you soon. I miss summer already.

jodi said...

Hey Girl, I added Hal to the parenting credits! Whoops! Have a spectacular winter with all three of your awesome boys!

Hal said...

How cool is this! You are a talented writer Jodi. I was engaged and captivated the whole time. Thanks for sharing. Denise and I are raising the boys old school. I just hope it all works out for them in the end, time will tell. :) Thanks again and see you soon, Hal

jodi said...

Denise, Me too! Thank you for the special gift that is your family!
Hal, thank you, but the subject matter made it easy. I love those little combinations of Indiana Jones, Mogli and the Jungle Book boys!