Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Be like That...

 So how are we all surviving yet another lockdown extension?  As you can imagine, I spend most of my days answering texts and phone calls regarding Randy's health.  I also get two precious face time calls from him a day.  It is such a comfort to hear his voice and see his face.  It's tortuous to not see him and talk to his docs in person.   But that's the world we live in right now...sigh...


In an attempt to NOT indulge in ordering clothes and shoes with nowhere to wear them, I have been reading and watching more boob tube than I ever have in my life! The tv that is-I've always been a maniacal reader.  In case anyone is interested, here's some great and mind-numbing escapes I've been enjoying.

Books that I've devoured include:

Black and Blue by Anna Quindlen

Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell

Outer Banks by Ann Rivers Siddons

Blue Shoe by Ann Lamott

The Truth about Melody Browne by Lisa Jewell (love her!)

Fifty Words for Rain by Asha Lemmie

I have many more, but you get the idea!

As for the telly, I have binged soooo many!  I loved 'Undone,' as well as  'Sharp Objects.'  I surprisingly like 'Yellowstone,' which is odd because I usually despise masculine westerns.  Having read the book-(and I've almost always 'read the book!')- I also enjoyed the controversial 'Hillybilly Elegy.'  I was mesmerized by the series, (I also had read the book!)  'Unorthodox.'  Highly recommend and now I am fascinated with Hasidic Jewish culture.


Today I will give my eyeballs a break as dollfriend Shanny is coming over to hang out.  Shannonigans will ensue and my eyes will be relieved of strain; however my jaws are sure to get a workout.  


Please continue prayers for support of Randy.  He will be in intensive lung therapy as he works through his healing.  Luv to you all.   XO

No comments: