Monday, December 14, 2020

Hope for Love...


 Hello Dollfriends!  How happy are we?  After 5 long weeks, I was granted a visit to Randy.  We had a meeting and I got to meet one of his docs.  We had a lot of information threw at us but afterwards the nurses/angels graciously 'looked the other way' and I was permitted to stay an extra hour.  I can't tell you how reassuring it was to actually see him and note the clear eyes and great skin color.  It was a very cool thing.


In other news-did you hear that Taylor Swift gifted a local Harrison Twp. woman $13,000.00?!  Taylor read about this woman who lost her job plus had a baby that had a collapsed lung.  What an amazingly generous thing!  Years ago, I saw Taylor in concert and I can tell you that she is a very inspiring young woman.  Classy all the way, with costumes that cover her parts and lyrics that you could sing to your mother.  She also is very supportive and encouraging of individuality and 'girl power!'  I loved her message that night and now I love her message of hope for this family.


Hope is what I am feeling for Randy and for our future as he pushes forward with his recovery.  I am reminded of one of my very favorite quotes that I read over and over in times when I am searching for some comfort.

'Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."             Emily Dickinson

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy for you both

Lori Mess said...

Love ❤

Michelle Gordon said...

Awwwwe you 2 are so adorable definitely can see the ❤️. Feel better and prayers for a quick recovery love ya guys

Julie LaFleche said...

Hi Jodi! You are certainly a warrior and I think you always have been. You show much grace and confidence as you go through life. Prayers for Randy and we wish you much peace and hope they will allow you more time with him face to face. It's very important to his recovery.