Friday, November 18, 2022

Bang, Bang…


 So it’s hunting season (again!) and Randy bagged this beauty on Sunday.  

By growing up in northern Michigan, one would expect that I would understand the idea of hunting a bit more.  Now, I love to  hunt for beach treasures, morels,  good bargains etc., so that type of hunt I get.  I just don’t understand the kill.  ‘Look at that beautiful old buck, doing what comes natural with that doe.  I think I’ll shoot him dead.’  Now we do eat the meat so at least there’s that.  

But the men in my life seem to be scratching some primal itch by it.  They prepare, commiserate, and talk the details of hunting to death.  Maybe it’s a bonding thing…I don’t know.  And it’s called bagging a buck-as if it’s wrapped in a bag with some ribbon.  No, that comes later at the butchers!  You can’t eat horns but somehow that’s where the biggest thrill comes in.  I mean, leave the poor old thing alone!  I guess I’d feel better if the deer had a weapon too, evening the score a little.  If the hunters had to dodge an arrow or a bullet from the buck, to me, that would truly be a greater feat.  No tree blinds either, cuz deer can’t climb up to get that advantage .  Mono a Mano on an even hunting field would truly be a sport.  


I could go on with more of my ridiculousness but I will spare Randy the eye rolls.  Good luck and be safe, hunters.  And if I go on and on telling detailed stories of my hobby, y’all best nod and smile politely.  XO

No comments: