Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Hotel…


 Okay… who goes to gorgeous San Diego for a week and gets sick?  Me.  That’s who.


Randy had a work function that encouraged spouses to join, and I after much deliberation, I decided to come.   My Mom is recovering from a fall, the flights too long, and I have no clothes are just a few of the reasons that could keep homeslice (me!) home.   But…a hotel with a harbor view, a party at the San Diego Zoo,  a cafe with kitties, are some of the reasons I decided to suck it up and get on that flight.  


As we landed, my ears plugged up and never truly opened.  My throat feels like it’s been sliced with razor blades and my cough originates from the bowels of hell.  Medicated,  I had fun with some of our ‘work kids’ at an amazing dinner on Friday.  But then it hit me.  With a foggier than usual head I navigated a couple of events and spent whole days in bed, sleeping and enjoying? the view.  All my plans for exploring shops and petting kittens went out the window as I coughed my head off.  


I’ve heard of people getting sick on vacation before and shuddered-all that anticipation, packing, shuttling, etc. just to cough in a different environment?  No way.  


But here I am, frocks unworn, cruises not sailed, kitties not petted.  Tonight is the last night with a dinner planned with Randy’s new board appointment comrades.  Here’s hoping I can haul it up, pretty it up and keep my foggy head up,  to support him.  


Wish me luck, Dollfriends as I soldier on.  XO

No comments: