Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summertime, Summertime


Happy First Day of Summer and Father's Day too. And thanks to the original Father for giving us a beautiful day to celebrate.


Appears summer was officially ushered in and the weather report for next week looks beautiful. I am looking forward to delving into some of the books I have been stockpiling for the beach.


I got to spend the weekend in Ossineke attending a graduation party for my cousin, (yea, Kristi Jo!) and seeing my Dad. It's always great to catch up on things with my family and Dad seemed to enjoy the gifts I got him to try and show my love and appreciation. Good old Dad, always looking out for me. I guess it's true what they say about a parents job never ending. Hoping to get him down to catch a Tiger's game. (aren't they doin' awesome?) And then indulge him in a steak dinner and a hot fudge brownie sundae, a diet that my Mom discourages.


I have hit 2 grad parties and a wedding in the last couple of weeks and am about half way thru this crazy schedule. All this partyin' is exhausting! Some summers bring no parties, but not this one! Looking forward to a quiet week and upcoming weekend.


Hope y'all enjoyed whatever you were up to. Maybe weddings or grad parties or time with your Dad. Summer is officially here! Whoo Hoo! xo

10 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Summer is freaking hot!

Erik Donald France said...

That's a really cool photo -- rock on! Summertime & the livin's easy ;->

JR's Thumbprints said...

One prison graduation is enough for me. As for that sun, the doc says it'll kill me. Still, I'm thankful for the warmer weather.

the walking man said...

No parties on my horizon...except of course that perpetual party of one I live through.

noisysmile said...

I love your flamingo glass! That is so cute!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey beautiful,

Great picture! Here's to summer indeed -- and the Tigers are kicking ass!

Anonymous said...

Dammit, now we have to argue about baseball! The Sox will catch you, and you will cry.

Wil Harrison.com

jodi said...

Charles-it's MUCH hotter in your area. Erik-thanks & stay cool! J.R.The sun will probably kill me,too. WM-Party of one? Awww..Noisysmile--It do do da job!Michelle-Yea!Baby! Go Tigers. Will-sticks and stones may break our bones but our sports teams RULE. Sorry about your luck? Wannna move?

Anonymous said...

I think you might wanna back off of the blanket statement, "Our sports teams rule!" Don't make me mention the L word here. And let's not forget who won the AL Central last year and when it's all said and done will win it again this year. You got hockey dear, for now.

Wil Harrison.com

jodi said...

Will M'Dear, Winning or losing does not ALWAYS effect a true fan. I acknowledge the "L" word debacle, but we are now training with a new coach a new methods. Look the eff out this year!! How about our 1st. place Tigers?