Monday, March 14, 2011

Shiver me Timbers....


Ahoy, mateys! I realize the official 'Talk like a Pirate Day' isn't until September 19, but since I actually met some real life pirates, I just had to celebrate this monumental event a little early.

While treasure hunting at the Marathon Seafood Festival on Saturday-well blow me down-I found myself awash in pirate love when I met Cap'n Slappy and his beauteous wenches patrolling and pillaging the grounds. Avast! What pirattitude! After trading our best piratese and posing for this photo, I had to quench me thirst and headed my scurvy arse over to the libation tent for a nice cold mug 'o grog. If you are nautically inclined, I would advise you do the same... Arrrrrgh...

6 comments:

Scott said...

Jodi,

Looks like you had fun! I've read some of Cap'n Slappy's articles in 'Pyrates' magazine.

the walking man said...

Is that grog before or after the renovations for the day?

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm afraid of anyone named Capn slappy, but it's better than Capn tickle, I suppose. :)

Mona said...

How lucky for you! I would love to meet Jonny Depp sometime...:)

jodi said...

Scott, there really is a Cap'n Slappy? Mark-give me a break buddy! I took only one day off in the entire reno, so the grog was actually 'during'! Charles-They were some crazy peeps! Mona-I'd love to run into Johnny too! Thanks for dropping by everyone. xo

rosegarden said...

I think you woyld love being a pirate just to wear the outfits!!