Monday, June 20, 2016

Starfish and Coffee...

At boxing class last week I had to once again remind HottyToddy (our instructor) that I do not have the chutzpah to do a thousand burpees.  Yes burpees-the bane of my existence.  You know, those torturous moves that start innocently enough and then work into a push up and then a jump up.  Fuggitabout it!  First off my old lady bladder does not allow for that much jumping and will send me off to the ladies room p.d.q.  And secondly, I feel it's time to honor my spine.  Try as I might to watch my form, burpees still hurt my back.  And besides, what boxer bothers with the damn things anyway?  I'd rather hit the bag, and run a sprint. 

Or eat pizza.  Yes, eat pizza.  And then maybe 'burpee' a little.

Have a great week and remember to honor your spine or whatever hurts on your body these days.  This getting older stuff is not for sissies!  xo

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Honor the spine. My new mantra!

the walking man said...

Pain is--that is all i have to say about that. What the hell is a burpee--must Google. Need a laugh.

Erik Donald France said...

Happy Summer, Jodi ~ burpees or no burpees ~ or an Irish bap, for that matter ~ Huzzah ~ !

jodi said...

Charles-Isn't it grand? Mark-one word for you-etouffee! xo Erik-I love summer! And a hug to you! Blessings for you old hotties! xo