Monday, May 11, 2009

Celebrate Me Home......


Can you stand a little more minutia? After shoveling and spreading mulch all day, (thanks, Rose) I am exhausted. Whipped. My yard is a half acre, fully landscaped and fully a pain in the ass to keep up. All I can say, is unlike housework, yard work is infinitely more gratifying. This mulch thing won't have to be redone for a number of years, and I hope to be in a condo by then. (Penthouse, anyone?) I am so tired, sore and a little sunburned, that my post this week is going to be a total bore with a side of snore!


Spent a glorious Mother's Day weekend up north hangin' with my Mom. Had a smooth trip up with no hitches-- traffic or otherwise. The weather could have been a little more accommodating and hence poor Ruby did not get to go topless. Drag.

Saw most of my family and some friends. Gave my Dad and 2 nephews haircuts. Watched Curtis Granderson act the 'Spiderman' at Friday night's game. Then checked Sportscenter on Saturday morning to make sure he got the "Player of the Week" recognition he so deserved! I bow to you, dude! Betcha your Mommy is proud.


Ate at my sister's restaurant and hung out with the Rosa's regulars. Always a good giggle with yummy food and wine thrown in. Went to church and breakfast with Mom before heading home to get ready for the Wing's game. Saw my Son and the pets that I am Mom to. Lola thinks every day is Mother's Day when she honors me with her presence. An hour later, it's back on the road to the Joe. Collected my red rose and "cheerin' towel" at the door! Was seated by some crazy 'duck hunters' that were as much fun to watch as the ice action. Celebrated later at Pegasus with many other hungry fans, and Mom's.

Hauled my tired cookies home to get a good night's sleep before tackling the mulch stuff. The yard is looking great with approximately 8 more yards to spread tomorrow. (25 total!) Now that I have significantly bored y'all, I am going to have a glass of wine and hit the bed. This Mommy is hit.
Happy Belated Mother's Day to all. xoxo

6 comments:

the walking man said...

Sounds like the entire week end can be encapsulated in the tired saying "It's all good." As long as you got the pleasure from it all, it's all good kiddo.

Erik Donald France said...

Actually, sounds fun all the way through, though I'm guessing the sleeping part at the end will be enjoyed the best.

Thanks, by the way, for your succinct comments back at "the Choice," right on and much appreciated ;->

JR's Thumbprints said...

Now it's time for a roadtrip to Chicago. It ain't that far. Go for it!

rosegarden said...

The yard turned out great!! A Tigers sweep and a Wings win topped a great weekend. thanks for a great time.

jodi said...

WM-It WAS all good. Especially with a hot soak and a cold vino! Eric-sleeping is my favorite. And touche' re: by bubblehead, but sincere comments. Don't tempt me JR! Rose-No, thank YOU!! xo

jodi said...

Eric, I meant MY not by!