Monday, May 25, 2009

I Will Remember You......


Happy Memorial Day, or as my Gramma used to say "Decoration Day!" Up north where summer comes a month later than here, it was the time you put all those awful plastic wreaths and flowers on the graves of your loved ones. God knows that the real ones would not yet survive with the chance of one last snowstorm!

So, today I took some quiet moments to remember my loved ones that have passed naturally and tragically. First comes to mind my beloved Grandparents. The memories that came from those two is such a huge part of who I am today. They taught me things and made me laugh more than you can believe. They have been gone awhile, but I still miss 'em. xo Its, been years, but I had two cousins that were killed young on motorcycles. Such shock and question when death comes to someone so young. It was so sad and such a waste, and of course I wonder at the sense of it all. It probably should have disillusioned me in the way of bikes, but no-- I still want one. Recently an acquaintance was diagnosed with brain cancer, and quickly and painfully succumbed last week. I feel horribly for her family and my nephews who lost a treasured "Nonny." For all of the children who are missing and then found abused or dumped for dead by usually a parent or even a stranger--may their little souls rest in peace. Tiny angels to entertain my Grandparents who loved children. And give their families have the strength to carry on-- or just breathe. For all the veterans and those still serving in our wars. And the innocent victims of war. These deaths are crimes in their own right. I have had family that have served, but have been lucky enough to have survived. Except that they now have memories of horrific sights burned into their brains forever. But at least they are still here to talk about (or not) it. I don't know if I could ever possess that strength.

So whoever or whatever you choose to memorialize today, have comfort in the fact that we all have lost. Circle of life, I presume. Luckily for me, my pea brain chooses to remember all the good stuff and none of the bad. My own coping technique, I guess.
Clean white light, smiles and kisses for all of my angels, in heaven and still here with me. xoxo
P.S. Go Wings! Rock it out at the Joe on Wednesday and let's get on with the finals!!! And a whoo hoo to the Tigers who are now up 4 (i think) games. Detroit Rules!!

7 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

We have always done that decoration thing in ARkansas too. Cute kitties.

JR's Thumbprints said...

We've been meaning to get my Father-In-Law to that cemetary in Holly. Hopefully soon. Hope you enjoyed the day.

rosegarden said...

WE miss those we loved so much, but their life goes on in our hearts and in our memories. My son was born just a few weeks after my dad passed on. It is truly the circle of life.

Anonymous said...

Damn Wings fans!

Wil Harrison.com

jodi said...

Charles-- the kitties are from our friends "barn kittie" collection. J.R.--That's a grim but satisfing task. Thanks as usual, for the well wishes. Roses--That truly is a special story. xo Will--ah, Will. The Wings, like Detroit, have an uncrushable spirit. Sorry for your luck. NOT!!!

jodi said...

Charles-- the kitties are from our friends "barn kittie" collection. J.R.--That's a grim but satisfing task. Thanks as usual, for the well wishes. Roses--That truly is a special story. xo Will--ah, Will. The Wings, like Detroit, have an uncrushable spirit. Sorry for your luck. NOT!!!

Michelle's Spell said...

Hey beautiful,

Thanks for this lovely post! Always good to remember those who have gone to the great beyond. Beautiful picture as always!